Interlude: A Photo Essay of Summer 2016

So far I’ve posted mostly about what happened in my research work. But this doesn’t mean that I have not had fun!

In fact, this summer was full of fun times and adventures, ranging from multiple dinner night-out with friends to my first Fourth of July celebration in the US (!!!) to an excursion all the way to Chicago Chinatown.

I believe the best way to present how much fun I had is with VISUALS. (Note: Sadly, I chose to not include any picture of my friends in this post just so that the protection of their privacy is guaranteed. So, no pictures from more than five dinner night-outs with various friends in town. Sorry!)

So.. without further ado:

My first eye-witnessing of Fourth of July celebration, done right.

A sublime sunset, right after a dinner night out (near Noyes St) with a friend of mine.

A Saturday adventure at Chinatown!

A Saturday adventure at Chinatown!

This is me! With a DELICIOUS smoothie.

This is me! With a DELICIOUS smoothie.

At a public park near the Chinatown.

At a public park near the Chinatown.

Couldn't really tell if they're ducks or geese.. Oops. Also...muddy.

Couldn’t really tell if they’re ducks or geese.. Oops. Also…muddy.

Me again! This time in the Metra train on my way back to Evanston from Chicago downtown.

Wicker Park Fest...with an imminent rain? Nah, maybe Shake Shack at Old Orchard instead.

Wicker Park Fest…with an imminent rain? Nah, maybe Shake Shack at Old Orchard instead.

Finally, an Instagram photo in summary of this whole summer :) Title: A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Finally, an Instagram photo in summary of this whole summer 🙂 Title: A Midsummer Night’s Dream.